From the outside, you would think that tooth enamel is strong enough to resist the dangers of the foods and drinks we eat. Sadly, this is not the case as it is extremely thin and can often fail. To help prevent cavities and dental erosion from overtaking your tooth enamel, an additional layer known as a dental sealant can be applied. Let’s take a look!
– Around the age of 6, a child’s first molar begins to show up above the gum line. At this time, sealants can be helpful for their teeth.
– Children can benefit surprisingly well from dental sealants, as they are often at the greatest risk for cavities and tooth decay. Studies done by the CDC have indicated that children with sealants are 3 times less likely to develop cavities on protected teeth.
– Tooth enamel is better-taken care of when under the aid of dental sealants, which can resist the acids that erode through normal teeth.
– Sealants are traditionally clear and allow the natural beauty of teeth to continue to shine through.
– According to several studies, you can lower your risk for tooth decay by as much as 80% with the application of dental sealant systems.
– A single dental sealant can typically last over 10 years before a replacement should be considered.
If you are looking for dental sealant treatments in Meriden, Connecticut, Cloverleaf Dental Center would love to help. For a more thorough examination to determine which treatment will work best for you, you can schedule an appointment with Dr. Sheila Poetti by calling our dental office at 203-634-8727. We look forward to having you as our guest soon!