Dental crowns can perform a variety of functions, making them a popular method of restorative dentistry. There are many reasons for dental crowns that you may not be aware of, and here are six examples:
– Bruxism damage: Your teeth experience a lot of wear and tear, but if you grind and clench your teeth, it can result in shortened teeth that need to have their structure enhanced with dental crowns.
– Tooth damage: Broken teeth affected by a weakened tooth structure or oral injury can often be repaired with a dental crown.
– Large dental filling: A dental crown can bond a large dental filling to a tooth that has little natural structure remaining.
– Unflattering teeth: Dental crowns may often be used as a cosmetic dental procedure to enhance the appearance of misshapen, discolored or gapped teeth.
– Root canal treatment: After a tooth undergoes root canal treatment for infection, it is left with a large exposed space that may need to be covered and protected by a dental crown.
– Cracked teeth: A cracked tooth can experience pain when used to bite and chew due to an uneven bite force, but a dental crown can help restore the balance of your bite.
Drs. Poetti, Tariq and Bidra along with our team at Cloverleaf Dental Center are happy to provide further information about receiving a dental crown in Meriden, Connecticut. Please feel free to give us a call at 203-634-8727 today!